BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE CODE OF ETHICS
- Be informed and contribute responsibly to public affairs.
- Be informed to advise your clients properly.
- Eliminate practices that damage or discredit the profession.
- Urge the exclusive listing of property.
- Share your experience and expertise with other Realtors®.
- Seek no unfair advantage of other Realtors®.
- Protect your client's interests but be fair to all parties.
- Accept compensation from only one party unless disclosed to all parties.
- Avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, and concealment of pertinent facts.
- Provide equal service to all clients and customers.
- Provide competent service in your field of endeavor.
- Disclose present or contemplated interest in any property to all parties.
- When buying or selling, make your position or interest known.
- Arbitrate disputes with other Realtors®.
- Participate in enforcement of the Code.
- Avoid side deals without your client's consent.
- Avoid the unauthorized practice of law.
- Place entrusted funds in a special account.
- Present a true picture in your advertising.
- Ensure that transactional details are in writing.
- Respect the agency of other Realtors®.
- Cooperate with other real estate professionals to promote your client's interests.
- Refrain from public disparagement.